How about changing the name to “Linkerama”? Just kickin’ around some ideas. Looks like the links lynx is back!
- The guy who wrote the book Heaven kept getting asked his opinion about the popular Todd & Colton Burpo title, Heaven Is For Real. Read what Randy Alcorn thinks about the bestselling story.
- I love it when bloggers make themselves available off the blog to help readers through issues, such as Zach at Take Your Vitamin Z discussing the rarely spoken issue of sexual dysfunction in marriage.
- This one’s guaranteed to get you thinking. Will there be wheelchairs in heaven? Quote: For me, if there is a heaven, it’s not a place where I’ll be able to walk. It’s a place where it doesn’t matter if you can’t. Check out Mark Stephenson’s essay, Will People Have Disabilities in Heaven.
- “…those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth.” Phil Johnson at Team Pyro discusses the idea of True Worship.
- This one is a longer piece, but it’s very worth reading and very balanced. Matt Chandler tackles: Is Church Membership Biblical?
- And while we’re talking eccesiology, Baptist theology professor James Hamilton considers the frequency of communion services; How Often Should a Church Take The Lord’s Supper?
- Three-for-three on church related subjects: Bill Mounce mourns the loss of someone who, after much training, leaves the ministry after only a short time, for all the saddest reasons.
- Actually one more; no, two more! From the Shrink-The-Church blog, Ten Reasons to Tell if People Love Your Church More than Jesus and Five Things We Need To Learn From The Mormon Church.
- Social Justice Department: An interesting video of 24 hours as seen through the eyes of a homeless man outfitted with a hidden camera.
- RB really opened up a can of worms, didn’t he. This time it’s Crystal Lewis with Seven Reasons Why I Don’t Believe in Hell.
- Just in time for middle school graduation, WAY-FM’s morning guy, Brant Hansen on Seven Myths of High School.
- James MacDonald posts three more clips from the early spring Elephant Room Conference, which brought himself, Steven Furtick, Matt Chandler, David Platt, Mark Driscoll, Greg Laurie and Perry Noble together to discuss everything from soup to nuts.
- Music clip of the week — five of them, actually — is the Rolling Hills Christian Church worship band.
- In case you missed it, here are actual ten most posted Bible verses on Twitter and Facebook in the wake of the death of Osama bin Laden.
- For those of you into church architecture, CBC Television documents a church relocation project, though it won’t be a church when it reopens. Not even close.
- Most of you know we usually end here with a cartoon, so it seemed fitting to mention that this week on Rick Apperson’s excellent ‘Five Questions With…’ series he interviews the star of posters, greeting cards and coffee mugs, artist Cuyler Black.
- Our cartoon this week is from Dave Walker at CartoonChurch.com and — since we had all those church-related links this week — takes a closer look at a CHURCH KITCHEN:
- What is about church life that gives us so much material for everything from Christian satire sites to cartoons? This one is from Tim Walburg at ToonFever.com aka Church and Family Cartoons: