If I believe Gospel-telling requires particular vocabulary or it’s not Gospel, I’ll be stiflingly uncreative in my ability to talk about it.
But February made with shiver
with every link that I’d deliver…
Time for another look at some things that caught my eye this week. Recommendations can be sent anytime during the week to the e-mail address on my “about” page.
- I like a book trailer that really makes me want to read the book, and that’s what I found in the promo vid for the comic novel, The God Cookie by Geoffrey Wood.
- Not so sure about this one, though. A somewhat backdoor approach to outreach by Lifechurch.tv under the website Satan Hates Life. Tell me what you think.
- Got King James Version Only friends? Here’s some material to help you make a rational response to their issues — if rationality will help at all — from the blog Gazing at Glory.
- Blogger Rich Dixon thinks we’re only considering two-thirds of a popular quotation from Augustine. Check out his thoughts at Bouncing Back.
- Pornography. It’s not just a guy thing anymore. Here’s an article from Rachel Zoller at Focus on the Family, Girls Snared by Porn and Cybersex.
- Speaking of which, writing Monday’s Jewish-flavored post uncovered this page of recommended internet filtering software. (The referrer liked the K9 (free) program.
- New Blog of the Week: Downhill Both Ways. Let’s just say the author, who most of you know, uses more than 22 words to tell a story.
- Here’s a flashback to October, a Tullian Tchividjian post about How to Identify A Reliable Preacher. “…if we are going to grow we need to be sitting at the feet of reliable carriers of God’s truth.”
- Afraid? Anxious? Worried? Fearful? Check out this short post at Justin Taylor’s blog at The Gospel Coalition.
- You shouldn’t be a manipulator. But neither should you be manipulated. Sometimes manipulation comes disguised as the proverbial wolf in sheep’s clothing. Check out the discussion at Resolved To Worship.
- A sad story out of Florida last week where two young street preachers were murdered, as reported in the Palm Beach Post.
- Jim Daly. Get to know that name. He replaces another J.D., James Dobson, as the voice — he’s been president since ’05 — of Focus. Here’s the 411 on him from The Wall Street Journal.
- Okay, so here’s the deal, I like to end each Wednesday Link List with a cartoon, and this week is no exception, with one from The Back Pew by Jeff Larson. But does anyone know why there’s two versions circulating out there for this week’s cartoon? ????