He’s now closing in on 75,000 followers on Twitter. On the other hand, not everybody is on Twitter and this deserves a wider readership, not to mention preservation since Twitter offers little in terms of accessible archives. Welcome back to more from my favorite presence in the Twitterverse, Church Curmudgeon:
- Any shop clerk wishes me “Happy Holidays” and I’m going to sing “‘Twas the Birthday of a King” at the top of my lungs.
- The candlelight chili supper was an explosive success.
- The shepherds washed their socks by night / By day they let them dry / They wore them with their sandals / And made the Baby cry
- Pastor’s in his study, quietly hermeneutering the passage.
- Red and yellow, black and white / We just pick our sides and fight / Jesus, save the little children of the world
- You know it’s going to be a good cantata when the Homeschool Separatist Handbell Choir shows up with a fog machine.
- That rise in humidity is church guitarists sweating because of Sunday’s Christmas music with weird chords and no rehearsal.
- Interesting how energy drinks didn’t become a thing until people did nothing but use their thumbs.
- The worst part about music piracy for me is how much the postage costs to send out the bootleg Gaither tapes.
- Our pastor needs a hip replacement. He’s just not cool enough for our deacon board.
- If you’re going to offer a long prayer to open the men’s breakfast, please pray that the eggs get hot again.
- Please tell the secretary not to abbreviate the Worship Team Fellowship Bible Study in the bulletin.
For more, look for