Link list #333, which is half of 666. I’m putting this together Tuesday night not knowing if anyone is going to be around to read it, or if the world will have ended with announcement of the election results.
- A Chinese Missionary has decided he can do more good staying an extra year in the prison he now sees as his ministry.
- Nothing is wasted: It’s been exactly a year since the murder of Amanda Blackburn. Check out the 3rd paragraph on the church website.
- No, it wasn’t a made-up story; a priest really did put the body of an aborted fetus on an altar…
- …Furthermore, the priest in questions says he has no regrets.
- Calvinist Confessions: A member of the tribe offers four things he would tell his younger self.
- Quotation of the Week: (Brian McLaren) “My many years in the pastorate, my many books, my busy speaking schedule, I realized, have been an extended attempt to heal from the damage that was done to me by good people who were loyally trying to carry on a once-good tradition that had now gone undeniably wrong.”
- Thinking Theologically: We’ll get nowhere if we try to ‘define’ Jesus.
- Election Predictions: See if Relevant Magazine got it right. (Remember, I’m writing early Tuesday evening!)
- Hollywood Hermeneutics: NBC-TV’s take on heaven is expressed in The Good Place a current sitcom.
- A pastor in Canada’s very liberal mainline Protestant denomination decides to see what’s happening in Evangelicalism.
- Devotional of the Week: There’s actually another Thinking Out Loud, which we use as a source regularly at C201. This one is on reverence for God’s name. (Don’t miss the author’s bio.)
- Link List Listicle: For church leaders, 12 benefits you could provide to your pastor(s).
- A Biblical Break: A missionary interviews the author of a book on sabbath, something which is probably elusive on the field.
- Relevance Revisited: Is the problem facing the Church of England that it is outdated? John Stackhouse guests at Lorna Dueck’s blog. Sample: “…instead of ‘relevance’ the Church should better seek resilience.”
- More than a windy city: Thabiti Anyabwile is joined by his wife Krsitie in a 43-minute video discussion on the problem of violence in Chicago.
- Parenting Place: A short Thanksgiving Day family devotional time for parents of young kids.
- Finally, Happy 98th Birthday, Billy Graham.
So in the end, all my sources were simply too distracted by the election; the results of which I still don’t know as I type this. Hopefully the link list is back to full size by next week. Suggestions are welcomed; try to have them to me via Twitter or email by Monday at noon.