It’s Weekend List Link #30!
- This weekend’s top quotation: “Had Simon met Matthew on the streets, there’s a good chance one of them would have been found lying in chalk. To build His Kingdom, Jesus handpicks what could be compared to the leader of the Black Panther party and the grand wizard of the KKK. I doubt anyone closed their eyes at that first prayer meeting.”
- ICYMI: A 10-question online quiz for Calvinists.
- Christianity Today, are you reading this? Many publications are realizing that paywalls don’t work.
- Classic from a blogger’s archives: What if churches did pay taxes? What if a small percentage of churches sold their buildings?
- Millennials to Church Leaders: Stop doing announcements.
- Some interesting background to the early years of the King James Version.
- Note taking: Here’s another blogger who did a great job transcribing key points from presenters at Willow’s Global Leadership Summit. (Reading this weeks later, go to August 16th to 19th.)
- Negative book reviews can be informative, but it’s nice to see this writer so impressed by Shauna Niequist’s newest, Present Over Perfect…
- …and with a subtitle like this one, you know the book isn’t going to be boring: Space at the Table: Conversations Between an Evangelical Theologian and His Gay Son
- Kids off to college? A lot of the learning takes place outside the classroom.
- Provocative Title of the Week: Stephen Altrogge’s I Can’t Wait Until I’m Not in Heaven.
- Shattering Stereotypes: Ten things you should know about the new generation of Charismatics.
- Tye Tribbett and For King and Country will be this year’s Dove Awards hosts in October. Check out the full list of nominees…
- …Two Christian artists have quit TobyMac-founded Gotee Records.
- Not so anon anymore: Catholic News Agency somewhat outs The Church Curmudgeon.
- A “Dewey Defeats Truman” moment: TBN jumps the gun and announces the engagement of Donnie McClurkin and Nicole C. Mullin. (Of course now that we’ve posted that phrase here, it will register it on Google as being true.)
- Finally, something to fuel some people’s religious paranoia.
Never been here before? This weekend edition is a version of our popular Wednesday Link List. Yesterday, we discovered that all those years later, Jeffrey Smith is still writing Prayer Pups. Click the image below to read more.