Sometime during the summer I posted a small list of prayer requests to our refrigerator. It was during one of those periods where the needs of people around us seemed to be growing and I wanted to make sure that nobody fell through the cracks of forgetfulness. This doesn’t mean that other requests aren’t shared at mealtime as needed, but it’s a core list that is glanced at every time someone reaches for food, and it hasn’t changed much over the past six months.
There are 17 requests on the sheet. What’s below is going to have some considerable overlap into a few different categories.
- 2 are for people living outside North America. I wish our world concern was higher. One is a family from our church who are in Africa for two years; the other is my oldest son’s Compassion sponsored child. (And yes, we prayed intensely for Saeed’s release, but somehow that transcended the list.)
- 3 represent our family; two of these are our sons and one is extended family.
- 2 would fall into the category of prayer for salvation for someone yet to cross the line of faith.
- 9 would fall into the category of prayer for healing, 8 for physical healing, 1 for mental health. Since the list was posted, 2 of these have improved to the point I wouldn’t add them to a future list, one is facing final days.
- 4 I would categorize as prayer for God’s direction in life.
- 1 would be a prayer for finances, and another 1 is a health situation that is affecting finances.
- 1 had to be amended since the list was posted; the request for prayer in my friend’s life involved a name that was crossed out and was replaced with another name.
- 1 is more institutional, the other 16 are names of individuals or families.
So what’s on your fridge?
Image: Couldn’t find what I wanted, so did some cutting and pasting. Full disclosure as required by FTC rules: Our own fridge door opens the other way.