Some things I had bookmarked, but didn’t make it in on Wednesday… in no particular order…
- Direct from the source (his Facebook page) Franklin Graham on Muslims coming to America.
- A Colorado group has formed to do Bible study while smoking marijuana. “Stoner Jesus” was started by Deb Button. “One woman showed up to Button’s house to find her ‘so baked out of her head she forgot she’d invited me over.'” The group includes “a Mormon, a Catholic, a Greek Orthodox believer, and even an atheist.” National legalization of pot means a group like this could be coming to a neighborhood near you.
- It’s tough to be a Christian in Indiana. (See Wednesday’s links). In this story, a basketball coach is the object of a complaint by the American Humanist Association after he’s photographed participating in a pre-game prayer circle.
- Christian bookstores on the verge of extinction are being rescued this season by the national surge in interest for — wait for it — adult coloring books.
- A musician sets Mary’s prayer/song we call The Magnificat to music; explaining why and sharing a rough cut of the music.
- Here’s a teaching video that’s part of a series called Seven Minute Seminary by Seedbed. There are many interesting subjects covered here — with a downloadable .pdf discussion guide. In this one Amy Oden looks at Hospitality in the Early Christian World.
- Finally, for the Steam platform gamer who has everything, how about giving them the Fist of Jesus game. The game “tells the adventures of Jesus and Judas, where the world is now full of Zombies caused by Lazarus’ resurrection.”
- 60 levels of full humor gore story
- Make Miracles to continue the story
- Unleash divine punishments, amazing combos and tons of special attacks
Images this week are from Catholic Memes.