Only the 8th time we’ve ever done this. Why?
- Because the book review I was going to post still wasn’t ready
- Because I find I can now do this in my sleep
- Because I’ve already done lots of Halloween and All Saints Day related pieces before
Here we go:
- 25 Proven ideas for your church this Christmas, with something for every size and shape of church.
- After her 17 year-old son, Jordan Davis, was shot dead in 2012 at a Jacksonville, Florida, Lucia McBath was on a mission which resulted in the new movie The Armor of Light which opens Friday in 20 cities.
- Essay of the Month: Three strong alternatives to a sinners prayer approach with your children.
- …It’s based on another article where a mom explains why she won’t be using the sinner’s prayer.
- She had a story to share, but wasn’t so great at hearing the stories of the people she interacted with. Her conversion to a posture that was more listening than talking she describes as the time “I Kissed Evangelism Goodbye.”
- I tried to read this one too quickly and missed the point. Slow down with me and check out I Am An Atheist Chaplain.
- Operation Mobilization (OM) has lost its license to sponsor visas in Britain and now 66 missionaries must leave.
- A seventh grader in a Texas school says she was forced to say “God isn’t real.”
- Take the Christ Quiz: This 30-question test on Tim Challies’ blog isn’t always worded as clearly as it could be, so take your time and see where you rank in terms of your understanding of the doctrine of Christ.
- The church of the future may involve peanut butter and spicy sauce. A summary of an event at Group Publishing.
- In his penultimate blog post, Matt Appling wonders what some would think it would like if Christians “take back America.”
- There’s a Friday the 13th next month. And there’s a black cat down the street. It’s amazing how, even among Christians, people believe in superstitions.
Speaking of evangelism, here’s a t-shirt that gets it all done quickly:
P.S. I’m prepared to do daily link lists if someone wants to pay me the big bucks!