Another one of those days where I simply re-post some of my great wisdom from Twitter.
- Maybe instead of saying “Amen” in church we should just say “Like!” (Amen was just an early prototype.)
- Everything you always wanted to know about sexuality and gender in the 21st Century but were afraid to ask on a Christian podcast.http://philvischer.com (Episode 106) (Plus Phil’s brother’s take on the Trinity Western University Law School.)
- Re-tweeted Pastor Clarke Dixon’s link
@clarkedixon “No, the Trinity is Not a Reference to Me, Myself, and I.” http://wp.me/pw1CU-hK
@CaseyBjorndal Blessed to be a part of an amazing ministry bringing The Word of God to the world @GideonsCanada (They are producing some rather awesome items for Canadian distribution, see below.)
- Quoted Pete Wilson from a Sunday video special they ran for Father’s Day: “Our kids are experience rich, but relationship poor…They follow a million celebrities on Twitter, but don’t know how to talk to a friend”
- Re-tweeted a quote from Philip Yancey:”For Chesterton, and also for me, the riddles of God proved more satisfying than the answers provided without God.”
- Ann B. Davis (Brady Bunch) lived with an Episcopal Bishop and his wife, who found her on the day she died. DrewMarshall
@tdms snagged an interview with him on June 7th http://drewmarshall.ca/listen2014-html (Look for the June 7th show and click the listen or download icon.)
- Quoted Ed Stetzer twice on Church planting — “We’ve got a lot of churches on some strong birth control. We need to have a lot more pregnancies.” and “Choose not to become a cul-de-sac on the Great Commission Highway.” http://www.christianitytoday.com/edstetzer/2014/june/5-reasons-established-churches-should-plant-churches.html …
- This one never made the link list: In many communities, the major industry is the local prison. (Links to a photo gallery.) http://www.politico.com/magazine/gallery/2014/06/the-night-watch/001893-026956.html?ml=m_u4_1#.U5s2fHamU1I …
- “The US fought a nearly decade-long war, costing thousands of American lives, and a trillion dollars for this not to happen.” Richard Engle, NBC Nightly News, June 11th.
- Acceptable: Gory, violent video games for kids. Not acceptable: Sunday school lessons on the blood of Christ. http://christianity201.wordpress.com/2014/06/11/without-the-shedding-of-blood/ …
- Re-tweeted Greg Boyd: If carrying arms increases our safety, shouldn’t we expect to have the LEAST number of gun related deaths?
- Re-tweeted Tim Day: “Not sure I want to be a history maker. History seems to focus on rulers & war makers. The humble & gracious seem to slip by unnoticed.” Tim Day @timdayorg
- ‘Habemus Papam!’ — We have a Pope! Well, the Southern Baptists do anyway. http://www.bpnews.net/42735/ronnie-floyd-wins-southern-baptist-convention-presidency …
- Re-tweeted Doug Wilson: “In all four gospels, Jesus never met a corpse that stayed that way.”
- Well, I’ll give them this: Christianity Today’s article on nudity is certainly a comment magnet.
@CTmagazine http://www.christianitytoday.com/amyjuliabecker/2014/june/kids-naked-and-unashamed.html …
So that’s just a sample of what you’re missing on Twitter. (And I only post a few things a day, and only follow a handful of people.) So why not join the party? You don’t even have to post anything.
Follow me @paulw1lk1nson (the little things where the ‘i’s go are ones; or just click this link.)