I thought we’d have some fun and do a weekend list where the top three or four most clicked stories make it into the Wednesday edition.
- A writer at Ravi Zacharias’ website takes a balanced look at what we can reasonably expect from our “Christian” movies.
- Is China really declaring war on megachurches or was this bulldozing truly just an over-the-top response to a building code issue?
- The issue that won’t go away: The Voice Bible blog with more on its translation choice for God’s name.
- The “Jesus had a wife” document turns out to be a forgery after all.
- Author Emily Wierenga on why she doesn’t immediately launch Facebook first thing in the morning.
- Skye Jethani thinks your pastor’s sermon last Sunday might have run a bit long; as might tomorrow’s.
- Something different about this new Kristian Stanfill worship song, available for preview at PraiseCharts.com
- According to anonymous Twitter account Preacher Perfect, “When stumped over what to sing at a funeral, Amazing Grace to the tune of the Gilligan’s Island theme song is always a good choice.”
- This one goes back to March — forever ago in blog time — but asks the question, ‘Which sins did Jesus discuss most?‘
- The daughter of singer Ray Boltz on women’s reproductive rights.
- FOX-TV explores the life of Jesus at 13 — oh, those awkward teenage years — and other apocryphal stories in the new series Nazareth, now filming.
- Officials at a Christian university confiscated all the copies of a gay-friendly edition of the school newspaper.
…Wait a minute; am I ca-razy? There’s some good stories here… Either way, vote with your mouse; top 3 or 4 (or maybe 5) make the mid-week list here and at PARSE.