So, is Pope Francis a revivalist?
Now, on to the links…
Some very, very high profile Christian sites and at least one radio show get their news stories here. We know who you are…
- Jamie, The Very Worst Suburbanite reflects on life in the ‘burbs here vs. life in the ‘burbs in Honduras in The Color of Greige.
- With help from a Gordon College professor, the classic handicapped icon/logo/thing is getting an entirely new vitality.
- Knowing Nik Wallenda made it safely doesn’t make it any easier to watch, even in this 90 second summary video.
- Its been one year since Saeed Abedini said goodbye to his family to build orphanages in Iran. Help us bring him home.
- Got a son or daughter entering high school? It might be time to buy them a necklace.
- Publisher Thomas Nelson reports on Twitter that already six colleges have signed on to use Ken Wytsma’s Pursuing Justice as a textbook. But then, we predicted that.
- Find your pastor: Phillip Wilson invites you to play Top Twelve Preacher Styles. Hopefully your minister isn’t in this list at all.
- Critics have accused the Scottish Government of following the same failed approach of ever-more sex education at ever-younger ages to lower the teen pregnancy rate. Now they’re talking preschool.
- Essay of the week: Go deeper with Michah Murray on the concept of Love The Sinner Hate The Sin.
- Photo essay of the week: A visit to the abandoned Holy Land theme park in Connecticut, closed since ’84.
- This 2-minute video is the reason I part company with John MacArthur’s dispensationalism and anti-Charismatic rhetoric.
- The Dictionary of Christianese defines traveling mercies and the many variations on cradle Christian. Be sure to also see, bookmark and use their full index of terms defined so far.
- World awareness: Here are five quick facts on the problems caused by lack of access to safe drinking water.
- Author Max Lucado has formed a partnership with Thomas Nelson and The Salvation Army (SA), to produce a special SA edition of You’ll Get Through This: Hope and Help for Your Turbulent Times
- Have you or someone you know been hurt by a local church? Here are things to remember and steps to take.
- Ever feel like God is ticked off with you right now? Here’s a take on the question, Does God get disappointed with us?
- Warning: You may disagree with this 3 1/2 minute video on debunking rapture doctrine.
- Jen Hatmaker’s end of school year parent confessional went viral and is closing in on 4,400 comments.
- The website of the Smithsonian Institute profiles the unique and often controversial ministry of Aimee Semple McPherson.
- A Baptist church in Georgia (the European country, not the US state) finds middle ground with its high orthodox neighbors by using robes and incense.
- With a new album ready to release, Andrew Schwab talks to Matt Greiner of the band August Burns Red.
- In other CCM news, usually the people who lead Holy Land tours are somewhat older authors, pastors or musicians. So… an Audio Adrenaline tour of Israel?
- After at least four years, Paul Baloche is releasing another worship album in French.
- Lamentable blog discovery of the week: Pimp Preacher, a collection of con artistry by minsters, from the Preacher Bureau of Investigation.
- Steven Furtick with a short piece on The Real Test of Worship, reblogged from 2010 for a new audience.
- Please note that if you have a blog and about 15 seconds after it opens it starts playing very loud music that you like but maybe nobody else likes, we will not link to it.
- That’s it for this link list; stay ‘linked’ during the week here and on Twitter.
Stop the presses! Is this the last link list?
We’re cooking up a partnership that could mean more people than ever would get to share in what we’ve been doing here for five years. Just think of the larger number of people who would get saved just clicking on these same stories. They might not even have to click; conviction might come just by reading the teasers.
Really, why are we considering this? It’s about power and the ability to take bribes to promote various blogs and websites.
So stay tuned. Same bat time. Same bat channel. But maybe not actually same bat channel.