Insert skillfully written intro here.
- Kickin’ it off with a strange report that — literally — gets under the skin of atheists and reveals the potential, no make that the probability for beliefs in God they would never acknowledge.
- “…no one had ever done research to determine if international child sponsorship really works…” Well, now they have, and it looks good on Compassion International.
- Add Marcus Mumford of the band Mumford and Sons to the “They like Jesus but not Christianity” list, at least that’s what he told Rolling Stone.
- The petition calling for the release of Saeed Abedini, imprisoned in Iran is nearing 500,000 signatures.
- What happens when creative worship-leader types lock horns with linear-thinking pastor types? Innovative ideas are often given the “no” treatment. Why can’t we all just get along?
- Got Roman Catholic friends who believe the wafer and the wine actually become the body and blood of Christ? Here are some reasons for rejecting transubstantiation.
- Now you can get a personalized Bible with your name inserted in 7,000 different places. Will you accept the Personal Promise edition as your personal Bible?
- Know a teen dealing with self-image issues or some kind of physical trait that erodes self confidence? Check out the story of 19-year old country music singer Chelsea Musick.
- On a similar theme: Here’s a refreshing post from an 11-year old blogger who reminds us that God made us just as we are.
- nothing good closer to home?
600,000 Americans have a 90 minute commute time … to church! Is there
- Some of Garry Wills best friends are priests. So it’s a bit of surprise that his new book is titled Why Priests? A Failed Tradition.
- An article reflecting on Chuck Fromm’s writing in Worship Leader magazine parallels the new technology to the elevation of worship leaders in the ecclesiastic hierarchy.
- Are you a church mutt? These days many of us borrow what we consider to be the best elements from a variety of denominational streams. A classic post from 2010.
- There is now some finality to the Canadian side of the story involving the then co-hosts of Canada’s national daily Christian talk show and money investors lost in a Ponzi scheme, in the form of a March 15th ruling by the Ontario Securities Commission.
- Really got into this song this week, though I first heard it a year ago: The Altar by Tricia Brock.
- Or for something more recent, here’s another new song by Josh Garrels.
- When the number crunching at your annual church business meeting is over, be sure to close with a hymn.
- Do we too many music links? Maybe it’s because I haven’t heard quartet music in a long time, but this two-verse hymn seems to have a barbershop harmony quality.
- Find yourself potentially engaging a controversy? Here’s ten questions to check yourself before you dive in. Or don’t.
- In the weeks leading up to Easter, BBC’s Radio 4 series, “Lent Talk,” is broadcasting six lectures on abandonment, in which a journalist compares the gay community’s experience to the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
- No, President Obama is not Satan, but in the Bible mini-series, there is a physical resemblance.
- Remember to have your link list suggestions in by Monday evening