The next time we link together will be the other side of Christmas. In the meantime…
- Kyle Campos at the blog Our Rising Sound has the final word on how to configure your worship team on stage:
- Computer hacking group Anonymous has had enough of Westboro Baptist Church. Haven’t we all? But in light of WBC’s response to the Sandyhook School shooting, they stepped it up.
- Veteran Christian blogger Andrew Jones came oh-so-close to having a role as an extra in The Hobbit. Well, he would have if he had been chosen for an interview.
- Christiane Amanpour’s two-part ABC News special, “Back to the Beginning,” explores the history of the Bible from Genesis to Jesus. Part one airs on Friday, Dec. 21 and part two on Friday, Dec. 28, both starting at 9 p.m. ET on ABC. Watch a preview and excerpts.
- And Thursday night, Saddleback pastor Rick Warren will be on Rock Center with Brian Williams to discuss his Daniel Plan diet on NBC-TV at 10:00 EST. Here’s an unauthorized copy of him discussing the health plan with Dr. Oz.
- Dilemma Department: Should a Christian commercial photographer take on doing a wedding shoot for a gay marriage? Russell D. Moore finds the Bible actually addresses this type of issue.
- Here’s one we missed in October and it’s very lengthy, but if you believe unilaterally in the doctrine of election, what if one of your children isn’t chosen? Ouch! Jeff Mikels answers this thorny question on behalf of Calvinist parents everywhere.
- Not all the people who answer the “religion” question on surveys and census forms as “none” are atheist; there is no way for journalists to know if respondents are atheists, agnostics, unaffiliated or otherwise.
- When Christians share the gospel with Muslims, which gospel writer is going to cause the least trinitarian confusion?
- A female church-staff member offers some observations and suggestions in the wake of moral failures involving pastors and church employees.
- And it came to pass, The Queen James Bible, a new translation, “in a way that makes homophobic interpretations impossible.” View a few KJV and QJV passage comparisons.
- This was posted in the UK back in October; it’s a 14-minute podcast highlighting the Seriously Funny tour with Adrian Plass who is appearing with Jeff Lucas.
- The graphic below was attributed by Tim Archer to Richard Beck, but there was no link. It seemed timely in light of recent events to end with the link to Tim’s piece on feeling pain in a culture that doesn’t like to cry.