Here in the frozen north, Thanksgiving has already come and gone, but that didn’t stop temperatures from reaching 30 degrees Celsius on the weekend (mid 80s Fahrenheit) for three straight days which made link-catching less appealing than suntanning.
- For you worship-leader types, here’s one of the most comprehensive articles you’ll see on the “worship wars” discussed entirely in terms of church architecture.
- Just nine more days to another Harold Camping end-of-life-as-we-know-it date.
- If you don’t know what I mean when I say, “Stethoscope Video” then you haven’t seen it. Take 2 1/2 minutes and enjoy.
- It’s official: Mitt Romney tells Dallas Pastor Robert Jeffress that he thinks that Baptists are a cult. …Okay, not really, but maybe he should have. Here’s the original story, a response from Robert Mouw, and a sample of comments; all from CNN.
- You’ll want to read the comments to find more links to get the full 411 on this story, but the blogger Tulip Girl has a blog post implying that another child death may be linked to the controversial book, To Train Up A Child by Michael and Debi Pearl.
- No, what follows is not a typo: Is it possible to hate Jesus but love Christianity? David Paul Dorr looks at that here and here [part two link to follow!]
- Are you “crazy busy” all the time? Pete Wilson hints you may need to invest in the concept of sabbath.
- This isn’t new, but… here’s one of those church video clips from Igniter media that uses a Facebook theme; naturally, this one’s titled Follow.
- Canadian Anglican Pastor Leonard Griffith is now 90 and just keeps on going.
- More from James MacDonald on the decision to invite T. D. Jakes to a forthcoming seminar, aka The Elephant Room controversy.
- Hey kids! Wanna learn Biblical Hebrew in just three easy lessons? Well, you can’t. But maybe 40 moderately challenging lessons from Charles Grebe at Briercrest College and Seminary. Learn more about Charles at AnimatedHebrew.com starting with the Hebrew alphabet. Shalom!
- The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) celebrated a 50-year anniversary earlier this month.
- In a culture focused on the excitement of church planting, we never think about the sadness of church closings that are constantly taking place at the same time.
- Natalie Grant adds “actor” to her list of accomplishments with a feature role in the movie Decision.
- From Internet Monk writer Jeff Dunn
There is a story told of an old woman who claimed she and God talked on a regular basis. Her bishop was doubtful of her claims to hear from God. After all, he prayed on a regular basis, but the Lord never spoke back to him. So he decided to put this woman to the test in order to reveal her for either a misguided soul or a fraud. He went to her and said, “The next time you are talking with God, ask him to tell you what my most grievous sin was.” The woman agreed to do so.
A week later the bishop returned and asked, “Did you ask God to reveal to you my worst sin?”
“Yes,” said the woman. “I did ask him.”
“Well,” said the bishop, “what did he say?”
The woman said simply, “He says he forgets.”