A couple of assorted Rob Bell related sentences from Andrew Jones aka Tall Skinny Kiwi:
- Sometimes I wonder whether the Christian church in our western countries has become, quite regrettably, a book club. (March 18)
- Tweeted by someone else: “More offended by the ugliness of the Evangelical response to Rob Bell than by anything he’s ever written.” (March 17)
“Farewell Rob Bell” has probably become the most famous Christian tweet of all time, even though no one really knows what John Piper meant by it. T-shirts will be made. Bumper stickers. The Farewell Rob Bell Bible? (March 13)
- Becky Garrison: I am commending HarperOne for a brilliant marketing plan that got their product out there in a very horrible market. (Comment on post March 13)
- They [the new generation of Christians] will desire a view of the end times that moves beyond a Jack Chick hell, a Left Behind rapture, and a Hal Lindsay burning-planet-ecology. (March 17)
- Becky Garrison (again!): I’d like to mention that HarperOne has a slew of books coming out on this topic – Evolution of Faith (Philip Gulley), Desmond Tutu (God is Not a Christian), Speaking Christian (Marcus Borg) and whatever NT Wright is cranking out… (Comment to March 17 post.)
- It will be interesting to see how they [Bell and N. T. Wright] differ, if they differ at all. I notice that Wright’s book remains quite unchallenged by critics compared to what Rob Bell is about to put out. Maybe its weaker theologically and therefore an easier target. (Comment to March 9th post).