The finest links have been assembled for your reading pleasure…
- Without doubt, the site to see this week is Paperless Christmas. Start your tour by clicking on the guy in the delivery uniform and the other clips (all approx 1:00 in length; 9 in total) will play in sequence. Great music, too.
- A big HT to Vitamin Z for the above book cover shot. He got it from Brian Lopez who got it from [drum roll] Exotesparemboles, which everyone knows means… [cricket, cricket] …
- After being involved in a four-car crash, Greg Boyd is asked how an event like this squares with his open-theology view vis-a-vis praying for protection before you drive somewhere.
- Don’t blow it, guys. Trey Morgan has ten gifts your wife would like for Christmas; which, three days later, resulted in a list of ten gifts your husband would like for Christmas.
- England’s John P. Richardson gets into the moral and ethical dilemma created by the WikiLeaks story.
- Linda at the blog, I Wonder as I Wander, would like you to meet Josh Garrels, who she describes quite well when she says, “He ain’t your typical Christian musician.”
- The whole NIV thing gets a little more complicated for Bill Mounce after hearing someone’s proof that the Holy Spirit is a “she.”
- Here’s the link for this year’s edition of Boston.com’s Big Picture series of Hubble Space Telescope advent pictures; with a new picture added each day. I like to call this Artwork by God.
- Here’s another website dealing with issues of sexuality; check out Six:11 Ministries, in particular, this organization ministers to the GLBT community. Here’s their blog.
- Brian Welch, a former member of the band Korn was a guest last week on The 700 Club.
- Carlos Whittaker gets told, in essence, that he’s not white enough to lead worship in a particular church.
- Tim Elmore guests at Michael Hyatt’s blog with a piece on teaching your kids generosity at this time year. Would your kids be willing to think in terms of giving away some toys this season?
- Youth worship from Canada: Here’s a link for a free download of the band Nine O Five from east Toronto doing Hillsong’s With Everything with guest Aaron Gillespie.
- Producers of the third and newest Narnia movie, Voyage of the Dawntreader, are hoping to capture the spirit and the profitability of the first one, as explained to the L.A. Times.
- Ron Pai, aka The Brown Kid, is back blogging — or was — and asks the question, How Then Shall We Church Plant? Some good thoughts.
- Here are your CCM/gospel category nominees for this year’s Grammy Awards, not including Christian musicians who may be part of projects nominated in other categories.
- Our picture this week (below) was found at the blog Ironic Catholic.