Our last link collection was rather heavy. So here’s some stuff that won’t leave you drained.
- She once was lost, but now she’s found. Christian music singer Jennifer Knapp has surfaced after being AWOL for what seemed forever. Read her statement on her website. “I haven’t actually disappeared. I’ve been truly corporeal this whole time.” Betcha the speculation will continue, however.
- Why is Ronald McDonald praying? That was the question readers of the blog The Ironic Catholic were asking (and captioning.) The answer was to be found in the link in the teeny tiny type under the picture as it appeared there, but we’ll spoonfeed it to you here.
- While some people are talking about Anne Jackson’s future book with Thomas Nelson, Permission to Speak Freely, which borrows the whole Post Secrets concept, here’s a variation on the whole online confessional thing from the folks at Long Hollow Baptist, a three campus church in greater Nashville, TN. Sample from Anne’s: “I’ve tried so hard not to be the stereotypical Christian, that I’ve sinned against God.” Sample from Long Hollow: “God, I miss You and I want to come home. I’m sorry I chose the world over You.” (…and to think today we’re doing lighter blog links…)
- David Keen at the blog, St. Aidan to Abbey Manor (yeah, I know, I wanted that blog name, too, but it was taken) offers us some suggestions for naming the new NIV/TNIV hybrid when it appears in 2011. Possibilities so far:
– Tomorrows New International Version (TNIV, not to be confused with TNIV)
– Newer International Version (NIV, not to be confused with NIV)
– Very New International Version (VNIV, which is starting to look like a Roman date)
– Brand New International Version (BNIV, which ceases to be true as soon as you’ve bought it, and so risks making a complete liar out of everyone who owns a copy)
– New International Version 3.0, which can be released in digital form and updated by download whenever a new bit of translation becomes available.
– 21st Century NIV: bit of a hostage to fortune, as you then can’t amend it again for 89 years. Actually ’21st century’ already sounds dated.
- Many years ago I attended a church where the pastor was roundly condemned for wearing Hush Puppies instead of Oxfords and a turtleneck sweater instead of a shirt and tie. How times have changed. Well, not everywhere. The Coral Ridge Presbyterian faction would have new pastor Tullian Tchividjian removed for not wearing a robe. (No, it’s not like he’s preaching nude; he wears other stuff.) Anyway, they’re also upset that he isn’t weighing in on political issues. Guess James Kennedy was more of a headline maker. Tullian is safe for now, having been reaffirmed with a 69% vote. Read the silliness here.
…and you thought I was always serious. We’ll leave you with something from Pundit Kitchen: