The picture: Don’t let padded seat backs stop you from having a place to store your hymnbook. This is North Christian Church in Columbus, Indiana.
- If there aren’t enough links for you here, and you’re into apologetics, the blog Weekly Apologetics offers a weekly link list to topics of interest to its readers.
- Michael Cheshire explores a friendship with a man that admittedly, other Christians really don’t like. To put it mildly. Michael was told by some they would desert him if he reached out to Ted Haggard.
- Here is the link that was added on Sunday as an update to our short piece on the Newtown/Sandy Hook shooting. Early on, it addresses that the situation is entirely unique to the United States.
- In all the outpouring of discussion on the shooting, I especially appreciated this one at the blog Shawn in the City.
- And here’s what a school lockdown looks like from the inside, especially tense in the wake of recent events.
- In just days, a quarter of a million people have signed a petition to see Westboro Baptist Church officially recognized as a hate group.
- Candid: Author R. C. Sproul, Jr. comments on the one-year anniversary of his wife’s death.
- Here’s a sneak preview of the acoustic version of Casting Crowns’ Praise You In The Storm, from an unplugged album releasing mid-Janauary.
- Also on video, Matt Papa presents a 10-minute spoken word piece that dares to encapsulate The Story of God.
- How much of what is shared in a pastoral counseling session should the pastor share with his wife? It depends on the nature of the session, and also on the nature of the wife.
- And Cody Sanders believes that a church that skirts around the issue of the bullying of gay teenagers that’s taking place in high schools is guilty of what he terms ministerial malpractice.
- Not sure I fully get the Christian angle on this 105-page book that can be read in well under an hour, so I checked out a few online reviews of Robert Smith’s 20,000 Days and Counting. Like this one. And this one.
- And how long have you been alive in days? Use the calculator on Robert Smith’s website.
- New Blog Department: New Songs of Praise recently joined the Alltop Christian list with devotional and Bible study content.
- New-To-Me Department: The Poached Egg is an aplogetics blog that no doubt takes its name from a C. S. Lewis quotation. Lots of resources to consider and/or share.
We leave you today with a classic 2009 Time Magazine article on what was then considered a growing trend: De-Baptism. “Liberate yourself from the Original Mumbo-Jumbo that liberated you from the Original Sin you never had” But the rebellion wasn’t just against a Christian upbringing: “We’ve had Jewish people write in asking, ‘Can I have a certificate to undo my bar mitzvah?’” Somehow, I don’t think you’ll see these certificates in Christian bookstores.