Eight. Count ‘em. Eight sermons yesterday. Am I insane?
- The first of two live sermons Sunday morning at a Christian & Missionary Alliance church
- The second of two live sermons Sunday morning at an Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada church (with a 15 min. drive in between)
- North Point Online (NorthPoint.tv) at 2:00 PM; a weekly routine here, with Ted Cunningham subbing for Andy Stanley. (a really funny communicator)
- Bobby Schuller at Shepherd’s Grove, the first “fresh” 60-minute Hour of Power broadcast in many months (triggered by a reader comment today on an old post)4
- Bobby Schuller at Shepherd’s Grove, continuing a series on The Sermon on the Mount, expected to run until Lent (though I skipped a bit of the music)5
- Bruxy Cavey at the Meeting House in Canada kicking off a series called Modern Family6
- Ted Cunningham (see #3) at his home church, Wood Hills in Branson, MO (finally choosing an older one from the summer, Who is Jesus)7
- Mike Krause at Southridge Church in the Niagara Falls, Canada area — it was only 18 minutes (due to Baptisms) so the link below is to an older one in the Boot Camp series8
Then I rewatched the TED Talk thing with Malcolm Gladwell about David & Goliath that everybody’s talking about.9
The reader comment:
The cathedral of course is now being renovated to be “…suitable for Catholic worship.” (Tod D. Brown, fmr. Bishop of Orange County, CA). More recently I was told the Hazel Wright Organ is being dismantled for shipment to Padua, Italy for total restoration. Robert A. gave the last sermon at CC and final Protestant benediction. The best news is that the congregation relocated to what was St. Callistus Catholic Church in early July, with the new church name of Shepherd’s Grove and Hour of Power is now in new broadcasts and other media from there: http://www.shepherdsgrove.org/ with Bobby Schuller as the volunteer pastor for SG/HOP and the church he started, Tree of Life Community. Vibrant messages based upon The Word, Bobby is welcoming and compassionate, but quite his own compared to father or grandfather. The program can be seen 24/7 at http://www.hourofpower.org and as in the first service was read, “The old is gone. The new is here.”
Frankly, it is a miracle and there must have been some reason, known only to God that all of the negative and sadness took place. It is with great sadness, that the family has announced the founding pastor, Dr. Robert H. Schuller to have been diagnosed with esophageal cancer. With treatment, the doctors hope that he may have 2 years, but possibly less to be in this life. I encourage all who loved HOP before, to stay with the family in its new home at Shepherd’s Grove. The statue of Jesus The Shepherd has been moved from CC campus to just outside the front doors of the new location. The lacquered gold Cross seen from the earliest days within CC, has been moved to the new church and hangs above the chancel. Bobby sends out regular messages on social media, to encourage and uplift. https://www.facebook.com/robertschuller
Also yesterday updated this blogs blogroll (at right) to includes several new entries and delete people who haven’t posted in the last 30 days.
And…be sure to check out the link for the Top 200 Ministry Blogs. We’re down slightly, but the Twitter headcount is downright embarrassing. (It’s a wee bit higher since the list was published.) Twitter followers urgently needed!
Finally, to my Canadian readers, Happy Thanksgiving! It doesn’t really look like the pictures below, but we can pretend.