What you’re looking at is the actual default font size for this blog’s text.
I chose “Silver is the New Grey” as the theme for this blog because of the wide column but noticed immediately that the font size was too small for some readers. So… for the past 4 1/2 years, I’ve been taking 10-15 seconds before posting to manually insert the HTML tag <big> in front of each paragraph. It has given this blog it’s distinctive look and style.
However, a problem has arisen this week, and the HTML tag for enlarging the typeface won’t ‘stick.’ I’ve investigated some different themes, but because the entire history here is encoded for larger type, the end results end up looking HUGE. Since this blog has operated for nearly five years on a capital outlay of $0.00, I’m reluctant to get a custom theme, but I am also reluctant to walk away from all the existing content. So suggestions are welcomed.
- On Sunday, Cross Point Church (Pete Wilson) hosted Bob Goff, the author of Love Does. For the few minutes I watched it was absolutely amazing; a killer sermon. Here’s a link for it [wrong message is currently playing], and also a ten minute Q&A that was filmed for the Cross Point internet campus. [Cross Point has a history of 'losing' sermon videos when they have guest speakers; they lost the Jon Acuff week entirely. So if they get it working we'll add the link.]
- No blogger — not one — does a consistent job of narration like author Karen Spears Zacharias, as seen in this story.
- Chaplain Mike at Internet Monk proposes some rather interesting parallels between worship and sex.
- More than one in twenty atheists and agnostics pray every day.
- In a world of online addiction where sexual ethics have been shattered, some resources to help face the problem.
- An outraged pastor suggests that sending out or posting your ultrasound pictures is completely inappropriate.
- The Very Worst Missionary is now back in the U.S. operating as The Very Worst Pastor’s Wife. (Catch her as a guest today on Drew Marshall — see link under radio at right.)
- Here’s another short film from Moving Works a Film-making ministry: Father of the Fatherless.
- Well, here’s hoping you can read this in one font size or another…